On-Board or Off-Board Diagnostics
First of all, in this training, Diagnostics, you are going to learn the key differences between On-Board and Off-Board Diagnostics. What should we understand from both terms? By which mean and purpose do we need both applications? Self-Diagnosis of each ECU, reaction of the system, elimination of errors, diagnostic testing, documentation of diagnostics (ODX), implementing diagnostic services and of course diagnostic communication protocol: UDS (Unified Diagnostic Services).
ISO 14229-1:2013 specifies data link independent requirements of diagnostic services, which allow a diagnostic tester (client) to control diagnostic functions in an on-vehicle Electronic Control Unit (ECU, server) such as an electronic fuel injection, automatic gear box, anti-lock braking system, etc. connected to a serial data link embedded in a road vehicle.
It specifies generic services, which allow the diagnostic tester (client) to stop or to resume non-diagnostic message transmission on the data link.
- Software Engineers
- Software Architects
- Project Leaders
- Business Managers
- Duration: 1 Tag
- Number of Participants: 3-14 Persons
- Location: at our headquarter in Schorndorf near Stuttgart or at our branch office in Düsseldorf or at your own place
- Prerequisites: Knowledge about automotive systems
- Language: This training can be presented in 3 languages: English, German and Turkish.
Diagnostics – Content
- General Overview of Diagnostics
- Standard Definitions (i.e. DTC – Diagnostic Trouble Code)
- On-Board versus Off-Board Diagnostics
- A Communication Protocol for Diagnostic Testing: UDS (Unified Diagnostics Services)
- Transport protocols: CAN vs Flexray
- Implementation of Diagnostic Services
- Benefits of ODX Exchange: A special standardised description file that supplies all needed diagnostic information and enables to exchange information between OEMs and Suppliers
- Development and Diagnostic Testing with an or more ECU(s)
- AUTOSAR and Diagnostic-specific BSWs (Basic Software):
- DCM: Diagnostic Communication Manager
- DEM: Diagnostic Event Manager
- FIM: Function Inhibition Manager
- On-Board Diagnostic II Certification and Documentation
Please contact us to learn details about this training and to order!